Thursday 3 November 2011

Our flight to Singapore

We have arrived in Singapore. Feeling a bit tired and jetlagged still but really excited! Our flight is finally over, we had a long day yesterday, starting with driving from Newcastle and then hanging around Sydney Airport for 3 hours. The worst part was the luggage scan where I had to unpack all my baby staff for inspection. I had Sophie's staff packed in 3 different bags, so I couldn't remember where what things were and they kept stopping my luggage! In the end, we found 4 pairs of scissors in our carry on bags! ( I had no idea we had so many, now we definitely don't have any left, so we'll all grow nails)))- Sophie will only be happy, though, that I can leave her alone and stop bothering with trying to cut her nails!!!) Anyway, we finally got on the plane and it was great that the plane was on time after all Qantas strikes and groundings... Sophie was ready to move on the floor, however, the flight attendants told us babies are not allowed to crawl on the floor for safety reasons! Must be some new regulation or a Qantas thing as I am pretty sure most of my friends had their babies crawling and running around on the plane. On the plus side, the Premium Economy cabin was nearly empty and Sophie had a seat next to us all to herself! Was quite challenging to keep her still, she wouldn't sleep in the bassinet, either, so we didn't get any sleep ourselves. Sophie slept half an hour in my arms and then another hour in Dave's, that was it. I am really happy we went with Premium Economy, we had plenty of leg room, the service was excellent, I felt like I was in Business Class. I guess that's the way to go from now on! We landed at about midnight. The Changi Airport in Singapore is very nice, clean, big and well organised, no annoying taxi drivers or self-made porters asking for a tip. Unfortunately, we had no time or energy for duty free shopping, so found the driver and went straight to Treetops Executive Residences. Singapore at night is very impressive, lots of city lights. We had a child's seat in the car as I personally requested it, but the driver said most cabs don't have child seats and it's ok just to have your child on your lap. I think it's good as we are not planning to have a car and will be using cabs quite a lot. Anyway, it's enough for today. We didn't sleep very well as Sophie is very confused with all the moving and she actually got her first two bottom teeth yesterday! We used to joke that her teeth would come through on the plane and it happened! So, she was a good girl considering all the discomfort she was going through! Just to finish it off - I am really pleased with our serviced accomodation. I need to take some pictures so that you can all see what I mean. My next entry will be about Treetops.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like your adventure started with success,i am very happy for you and waiting for pix...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you know who is Scarlet lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahha just in case.........xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that its all over for you with the flights! Exciting time, everything new and inspiring! Looking forward to read more:) Love and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great!!!! Sophie has 2 teeth...we knew it wouldn't be long. Enjoy your new life, Mummy & Daddy. Looking forward to seeing pics. Love Grandma & GrandadXXXX

    ReplyDelete