Sunday 13 November 2011

House Hunting Saga - part1

Hello, my friends, time flies, and we need to start looking for a permanent place now. Treetops Serviced Residences are superb, and I am very happy with everything here. Still, it's more like a hotel and it's time to look for an apartment where we can stay for a few years. We have already been to 3 inspections and I have a fair idea about rental market in Singapore. Well, if you want something nice, new and central, it's ridiculuously expensive, I mean, really exxy!!!
To illustrate what I mean, I will post 3 pictures of bathrooms.
The first one, it's a government-owned building, quite cheap, but you can decide yourself if you want to have a shower in a bathroom like that. Location is very remote, too!


Well, there are middle range options which look decent. Something like this:



And there is pure luxury. Don't even ask me how much, the prices start from 15-20 thousand dollars a month!!!



Anyway, our house hunting continues! It's very hard and exhausting, and the prices are higher than we expected! Wish me luck, I am off for another inspection now! I will tell you more about rental property in Singapore in my next post! xx

4 comments:

  1. Yeah Luxury everywhere is expensive,but i think you should still stick to something nice just because you will be most of the time home with Sophie and a nice environment it's very important.
    Let us know how you go,hopefully you can find luxury with middle range price :-)

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh, Asia is getting more and more material, luxurious and stinky rich. Singapore is one of the leading countries among this group. Good luck, my friend, with your search! I hope you'll find something you like.
    Nat, how about the attractions in this place exept shopping moles and resturants? How is the sea and beaches? I suspect in this sence it should be alright considering that it is primarily a financial centre with no pollution and much of traffic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, I haven't really seen most of attractions still ( as you know, Sophie is not the best companion for sightseeing and travelling) I can say that it's very clean and safe, traffic busy but mostly only in peak hours, public transport is apparently very good though I prefer to use cabs - they are cheap here. Are you still thinking of coming in Jan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I want the last one please:) !
    How you going now with the finding the place? Any luck? xx

    ReplyDelete