Sunday 9 October 2011

It's official: we are moving to Singapore!

Who could have thought? I have lived in Sydney for nearly 4 years and I have always loved it! Australia has a great lifestyle - warm weather, ocean and beaches, friendly multicultural society - what else could you wish for? Well, anyway, it happened - we are relocating! My husband got a great job and it's based in Singapore. Considering that I'd never been to Singapore, it got a bit scary and, of course, I started googling about it . The first impressions I got were very positive. Apparently, it's a very clean and safe place with lots of beautiful parks and futuristic architecture. Shopping is great there (mmm, nice))) and it's close to island resorts in Thailand and Malasia. Also, it's much closer to my home country - Russia, and visa requirements are simplified compared to Australia. Sounds great so far... On the downside, the climate is really hot and humid all year round, some expats find it crowded but boring. Seriously, that's about it - not many negative comments! We'll see what we think. The job contract is minimum for 12 months, but expect to stay there for at least 2-3 years. I hope we'll enjoy the whole experience! I will keep you posted, guys!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with relocation and I will look forward to see some new photos:) Love Olya xx

    ReplyDelete